Power Supply Industry News
Knowledge is Power ™
SMPS Design Tools
Power Systems Design
Solar sinewave Inverter Technolgy Transfer
Technology Transfer For DSP 2010 based Compact Domestic Sinewave SOLAR UPS /INVERTER solar charging facility - When solar charger is connected mains charger will go to stand-by and priority will be for solar charging. Once battery attains full charge of set voltage changes over to ups/inverter mode
(Care must taken while using this mode as sufficient solar panels are to be provided to the customer)
Other Features : Isolated sensing of Mains
Cycle-Cycle current Limiting Low cost driver
Microcontroller based sinewave UPS/INVERTER with builtin Solar change over option
This micro-controller based digital sine wave inverter using DSP (Digital Signal Processor) with full bridge configuration topology MOSFET switches with added features are as follows
Isolated sensing of Mains: This will ensure that even if Phase-Neutral connection is reversed at the input side there will not be any electric shock on the PCB or battery.
Cycle-Cycle current Limiting: This is a enhanced protection method for the short circuit / heavy load condition.
Low cost driver: The costly driver on the PCB
LED/LCD display: The PCB is designed with provision for LED, or LCD display.
This inverter is a very robust design which will withstand any extreme conditions.
1. If 440V is applied to the AC input, it will not fail. It will indicate high voltage cut-off and restart
when voltage is normal.
2. If AC mains is given to the inverter output, it will not fail. It will indicate phase input output
reverse and continue to work after it is rectified.
3. It has fold-back current limiting for short circuit and heavy loads. At short circuit or heavy loads,
current limiting action will take place instead of tripping which will lead to more reliability.
LCD display for indicating various status of the system like inverter voltage, mains voltage, battery voltage, load, overload/short circuit status, battery low status, charger status etc.
LCD based Menu driven setup of various parameters like battery full charge voltage, battery low
voltage, load condition, Inverter output voltage, charging current etc.
Protections against: Overload, short circuit, battery deep discharge, battery over charge, mains over
voltage, reverse connection of phase in - phase out, reverse connection of phase and neutral of mains
input. In all these error conditions will be shown in the LCD display.
Delayed inverter cut off for conditions like battery low, overload, short circuit etc. The system will
automatically restart from cut off after a few second buzzer beeps. The system will go to permanent cut off
if the error condition exists even after 4 restart.
1. LCD will display -
Inverter output voltage
Percentage of load
Solar charging /mains charging
Inverter standby on/off
UPS mode / inverter mode
Phase input output reverse : whether mains is connected to inverter output Neutral and phase reverse : whether neutral and phase is connected reverse Overload : if load is above 100% and below 300%
Heavy : if load is above 300%
Heavy load trip
Short circuit trip
2. Menu driven set-up. There is no preset, the parameters such as battery low, charging current, inverter output voltage, load etc can be set by scrolling up and down keys and press enter.
3. Priority solar charging
4. Inverter/UPS selection switch, micro switch or ordinary switch selectable.
5. Inbuilt SMPS type constant current charging with full charge cut-off.
6. 20KHz operating frequency while inverter and charging, absolutely no sound.
7. Pure sine wave output
8. DSP based very low component cost design
9. Single sided pcb, easy to assemble
10. Ideal for Mixed load application
Battery Input voltage : 12V DC - 48V DC
Mains Input voltage : 230V AC, 50Hz.
Mains input range : 0V - 440V, 45Hz-65Hz
AC Output (Inverter) : 230V +/- 3%, 50Hz
Inverter topology : Bridge type center aligned switching. MOSFET based.
Inverter output power : 300VA - 7000VA
Battery charging : Constant current SMPS charging with full charge cutoff
Charging current : Settable upto 15A
Charger working range : 120V - 270V AC Mains input
1. Full bridge configuration based on power MOSFETs
2. DSP based intelligent control
3. LCD based display for user-friendly display of parameters and status
4. Protection against 440V mains input
5. Protection against reverse polarity
6. Dynamic short circuit protection with fold-back current limiting.
7. Protections against all possible errors like battery low, over load, heavy load, short circuit etc.
8. Early warning for battery low and overload conditions. System continue normally if the error is
9. Cutoff and auto restart with permanent cut after 5 consecutive cutoff.
10. SMPS type constant current charger with full charge cutoff.
11. Pure sine wave output resulting in silent operation of motor and fans. Safe to all kind of loads.
12. Ideal for Mixed load application
13. Indigenous design with proven technology.
14. Auto detect of LCD and LED. Can change between LED / LCD while the system is powered.
Technology Transfer For DSP 2010 based Compact Domestic Sinewave SOLAR UPS /INVERTER + pwm charge U will Recive all pcb files, hex code of MCU , manual, schimatic
More info clicks
Power Supply Industry News, online since 2002.
SMPS Power Supplies
™. All rights reserved.